Life was not meant to be a struggle. It really wasn’t. It was meant to be a delight
“The soul is here for its own joy.” wrote Rumi
We have made it a struggle and we can unmake it.
How do we do that? We can humbly admit that:
- Our ideas of how things need to be is not how things need to be
- The universe just may know better than me what should be happening
- The universe must be essentially good and benevolent and I have a place in it
- I don’t really need to struggle to be who I am any more than I need to struggle to beat my heart or digest food
Struggling is a habit, a bad habit, that I need to break. So right now, today:
- Let more things just happen
- Let people be the way they are
- Do things that relax and calm you
- Do something for yourself
- Do something for someone else
- Notice when you want to react and choose silence instead
- And notice how doing that makes you feel
Struggle is not a natural state of being, it is a habitual state of mind and you can break that habit with a little self-care, attentiveness and intention.
Try it. What do you have to lose except the struggle.